Thursday, October 3, 2013

Social Change Project: Stereotypes + Cultural Awareness

A few ideas:
High School Students
CGS
BMHS
Ms. McCarthy
Rowayton Rambler
Brien McMahon News Blog
CGS News Blog
The Guardian – Online News Blog
NCC


Rowayton Rambler:

Since I’ve been a part of the News Paper Club since 6th grade, and it’s sponsored around Fairfield County, It’d be nice to write an edition to the website. It’s a great way I can have a humorous, but informative voice and send out a message to not generalize, or use stereotypes if you live in a homogeneous community.

CGS News Blog:

I’m a part of the CGS Newspaper Club. I’ve posted an article or two. It’s an up and coming club, and though some of the content isn’t as serious as hard news, it’s a fun way to spread out my social change topic. There’s a lot of open house for newcomers, so people can be given the link. The website is public, and I’m sure it’d be very useful.

NCC:
I’m connected with a few people from NCC. If I have a blog, or a piece of writing I’d like to post, I have a way to get it distributed. If I chose to have some kind of a presentation, to present my writing to high school students, or have a discussion in the program I was a part of, I could do so. It’d be effective, and cool to spread my message around. Then those individuals could pass it on.

 

So far I’m torn between all three. I think Rowayton Rambler and NCC could be possible options because they’re effective. I could give out my social change idea and spark new ideas and discussions with my audience for NCC, literally. Though, with Rowayton Rambler I’d have a published piece of writing, where people could send me their feedback. It has happened before. Hopefully I’ll be able to get feedback whether it’s positive, or EXTREMEMLY negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment