Sunday, October 20, 2013

T Analysis

Here We Go Again


In my blog I didn’t necessarily make a claim. I just questioned what made me so different because of my appearance. It wasn’t debatable, or specific. I didn’t set the reader up with something to debate on using logic or evidence. I could have said that teens who are always picked on for their race causes them to act out on cultural awareness. It some cases it’s true. That would have been debatable enough to go along with the rest of my factual support and opinionated views.

I do provide a plethora of personal experience about my situation. I state that I didn’t know what it was that made me stand out. Being mixed was different, and it wasn’t something that I easily understood at the time. It was hard for me during those years. The Anecdote was my mother’s perspective. She had the same situation. Before moving to American people bullied her because her hair was long and curly; her skin was a lighter tone than the others.  I have authority through my insight and the way I view the issue of cultural awareness – education.

I think my warrant might be: Ignorance is a serious problem in this country, especially today. Since I don’t have an actual claim, the initial idea is that I faced a lot of issues. That’s when the warrant comes in. Ignorance is the key issue because some people choose not to state what’s right to say and what’s wrong such as Mexicans eat tacos and hop the border, Italians all have olive skin, all Caucasians are racist. They’re perceptions our society builds off of. I do well at providing a backing for my warrant.  Once again I go into details between the stereotypes of African American hair, and then I move on to talk about the other races. Especially, Nina Davuluri, a stereotyped Miss America winner who sparked my interest in the topic.

I don’t have qualifiers. If I had, then it’d diffidently be less of a rant. The reader wouldn’t feel as judged. I don’t directly say ‘you’ a lot of times, but I feel like I should use more to support my claim. As for the conclusion, I relate it back to my first few sentences, speaking on how we’re all different and unique. If I had an actual claim to relate to I think it’d be easier to transition in the last sentence. Otherwise it seems a bit irrelevant to the piece. If this was a Toulmin Analysis it’d be a weak one.  
(Since no one knows what they're doing, I really don't know what's right or wrong.)

No comments:

Post a Comment